Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunny spells


Much like everyone else in Scotland I was overjoyed to wake up to some long-awaited sun streaming through the window on Saturday, what perfect conditions for day-tripping! What better place to go than seawards...

After much deliberation we settled on North Queensferry and hopped on a train to a picturesque town filled with all things coastal! The 15 minute journey was made even better by the discovery of some One Direction lovehearts in the depths of my pocket, I love a retro sweet and the excitement of turning over these babys to discover a themed message, the 'I LOVE HARRY' was probably my favourite!











Fortunately I had popped to H+M the previous day and purchased a delightful selection of Spring-appropriate pieces including this crisp white loose knit sweater (available in other colours) which  at £19.99 may well become my fail-safe SS13 update knit. I paired my latest buy with fuchsia topshop jeans and a denim blue and pink floral soft scarf (never know when the weather might change). I really enjoyed wearing this outfit as it was the first time this year that I had chosen bright, fresh items which felt appropriate and seasonal. You can't beat that first days of Spring feeling which allows you to dress in an entirely different and exciting way following months of grey and black. It's not quite time to get the legs out yet....


 
 




 After arriving in North Queensferry and reading all of the signs I had a quick photoshoot on the 'beach' and collected some big scallop shells. We strolled across the bridge, with breathtaking scenery on either side, I couldn't look down which was fine as the view straight ahead was incredibly glorious in the sunshine. A relaxing few drinks and some chili crackers (can't resist these) in the Hawes Inn  on the other side in South Queensferry finished off the afternoon perfectly.

One of the best aspects of living in Edinburgh is definitely the surrounding area. It's unusual to live in a city and be so close to the coast and countryside. The first day of Spring was well spent, here's to many more sunny afternoons in bright Spring/Summer fashion....




 

No comments:

Post a Comment