Friday 10 May 2013

Mexicana floral


Over the last couple of weeks I've felt a little bit dull in the outfit department. No amount of accessorising with jewellery or scarves could help. I looked deep into the soul of my wardrobe to try and understand what it might be that was holding me back from colourful happiness and there it was, how could I have overlooked it?! I needed a new bag.

Fashionistas are often categorised into two departments, bags and shoes and I have, without a shadow of doubt, always been a bag girl. Since I was old enough to walk I have carted some form of bag around with me, I actually feel naked and vulnerable when I don't have one. As ridiculous as it sounds, as bag to me is like a limb. It's most likely related to a sense of security. Having all the bits and pieces in a bag with me at all times makes me feel that I am prepared and ready to tackle any scenario. The contents of my bag don't really make me more prepared for, say being ship-wrecked or helping me deal with some unexpected injury. It does however offer me a sense of increased confidence in the urban jungle but more on that in another 'what I have in my bag' style post. Today is all about the embroidered floral, real leather, embellished clutch which has just arrived in my life.

I'd obviously decided that I needed something bright and eye catching but didn't want a block colour as number one, I already have a couple and number two, it wouldn't have the impact and effect which I was ultimately missing. So after a few hours (yes hours, bags are important)  of scouring websites I finally came across this baby! A clutch was not something which I thought that I would ever settle on. As you can imagine I cart a lot of un-necessary nonsense around with me and generally choose a cross body or shoulder bag. Not only are they generally larger, they are perfect for maximising efficiency, particularly when living in a country which nearly always requires an umbrella to be up. Anyway, I decided to take a bit of a risk and threw caution to the wind....purchased.

The bag is made of beautiful soft leather and is A5 size. There is intricate embroidery on the front alongside some pretty trims, sequins and studs. I love the colour bright pinky orangey tone against the green and cream. It's not a tacky piece, although if they had added any more embellishment it might have gone down that route. It reminds me slightly of the SS13 Dolce and Gabanna bag with the men's faces and their small straw circular bag.




 



Today I decided to trial out my new friend and have a stroll around town. To begin with I was really fidgety, I just didn't know whether it was best held under my arm, in one hand, against my body or away from. I've seen so many pictures of elegant girls with clutches but they aren't walking or moving. After dropping off a piece at the dry cleaner I headed into town. I came to the conclusion that when you're only holding the clutch there are no problems, otherwise issues arise. It is incredibly comfortable to hold onto and there is obviously no shoulder pain. The only problem which might arise is the contents. From now on I will have to only carry miniature versions of everything and be concise with my packing. Life transformation? I think so!



No comments:

Post a Comment