Sunday 3 February 2013

Seeing red

So I haven't blogged for quite a while which is not a good way to begin 2013 (the year of doing things... Oh dear). However, the doom and gloom of January has now come to an end alongside pay day which makes me super happy and excited. This equates to money being spent which always cheers me up!!

One of the great things about The end of January is the end of sales and arrival of shiny new collections. There is nothing better than opening a crisp copy of Vogue to be greeted with willowy models floating around in a combination of brights and pastels with a floral and graphic prints and pretty hair. So with this image in mind I trotted over to topshop to drop some cash. What I came out with couldn't have been further from my intentions but hey it's still 0 degrees outside.
I had looked at this Aran knit red contrast jumper for a while. Red is quite a difficult colour to wear, there are so many shades and having a Celtic complexion makes it harder for me, this piece is a find!!

Anyone that knows me is well aware that I love an animal on my clothes through print and accessories, so this topshop necklace caught my eye straight away. The charms are dogs, horses and a bunny thrown in for good measure. It reminds me of one I had when I was about 5, a 90s neon string necklace with rave charms, on trend before my time!

So having bought some cute pieces its time to wear them in an on trend bar and the recently arrived Bar Soba http://www.barsoba.co.uk/ is my establishment of choice!
This Asian Fusion bar offers and array of exciting cocktails and some tasty treats. The winning cocktail of the night was the 'drumstick' which was blended to taste like the old favourite chewy sweet with the bonus of a lollipop thrown in for added fun. Another recommendation would have to be the strawberry dacquari and the chilli fries (great cocktail accompaniment!)

So here's to springtime (almost)!








No comments:

Post a Comment