Thursday 7 February 2013

Do you know the muffin man?

I'm not sure whether it's the chilly weather but I've been on a major carb offensive this week. Bread, potatoes, pasta, I even combined them into one dish, the shame!
So my craving over the last few days has been for savoury muffins, a snack I made a couple of years ago and absolutely loved. Having scoured Pinterest for some inspiration I decided on a sundried tomato, basil and goats cheese option.

I find the Pinterest food category slightly frustrating as the majority of recipes are American and use cups, I need to invest in some pretty Anthropologie measures as there is an array of indulgent foodie treats. In the meantime I googled recipes and discovered 'Domestic Sluttery' full of fabulous tips and recipes. The recipe Hazel gives is a basic, add what you like, style direction. I might attempt a fig and goats cheese combination or vegetarian bacon and Brie.
You can check out the recipe here

http://www.domesticsluttery.com/2012/02/baking-for-beginners-goats-cheese-sun.html?showComment=1360262950161&m=1

And this is an image of what I will be enjoying over the next few days....




No comments:

Post a Comment