Saturday 11 August 2012

Sunny days

I am not the most tolerant local when it comes to the Edinburgh festival and tend to stick around my immediate neighbourhood of Causewayside as any further and I would be stuck in muddle of zombified tourists and mental performers and promotors who seem to be on a combination of ecstasy and red bull.... Bearing in mind my movement limitations I decided to explore a venue on my doorstep which I pass everyday, Summerhall (the former Royal Dick vet school). The building itself is beautifully grand and has a real presence about it with a grand facade and beautiful staircase, it has become a centre for the arts with studios and spaces for workshops. Summerhall are currently displaying an exhibition by Jean Pierre Muller, a Belgian artist who has incorporated music and visuals in small beach style huts, colour, musical notes and association were vital to the work and it really brightened the space. I added some colour into ny wardrobe too with a some lemonade pointelle socks with scalloped edges, worn with zip side jeans. I might pop on some tab sandals for drinks later but for the time being flossys will have to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment