Sunday 12 August 2012

Lovecrumbs

Oh how I love a good cake! As many of you know I'm an enthusitic baker and like nothing more than an outing to a quaint little cafe for a spot of tea and a sugar fix.
My new favourite haunt for such indulgences has to be Lovecrumbs, a refurbished tearoom on West Port between Edinburgh's Grassmarket and Tollcross areas (known to locals as the pubic triangle due to the large number of strip clubs!).
The shop has a bit of a ramshackle vintage feel to it. It is an airy open space with dark walls and turquoise pinted tables. The space has a really current and elegant edge which feels conpletely unique, displaying their cakes and pastries in 60s wardrobes and on wonderfully open, uncluttered windowsills.
If the interiors sound good the cakes were something else, brownies, scones, tarts and sponges with unusual combinations of flavours. I chose to go for a fig and rose layered sponge (it was so so pretty) which had a beautiful light delicate taste when I could finally stop staring at it! The tea was served in pretty vintage china cups with a little chopstick holding a bag of loose tea leaves, I really did feel like I was at a geishas house!
I think it's safe to sat that I will be frequenting lovecrumbs on days off work for a drawn out cake fix so long as the ques don't get too long, what a wonderful and unique find, I can't wait to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment