Monday 21 May 2012

So I've left my blog hanging around waiting for me to nourish and update for a really long time but now I'm back with lots of love to give! I've been inspired by the summertime and all the excitement and colour that it is bringing through nature and society....flowers, fashion, events, people and a general re-awakening of observation.

So here is a summary of the last few days (I could go further back but there would be lots of rambling!)

On Friday 18th of May, I travelled to Dundee in the coldest rain with my duffle coat and hunters (countrified look) to attend the opening of my baby sisters degree show. Sally has literally been working towards her degree show from the age of 7 when she used to constantly make small sculptures from toilet paper and glue, quietly leaving whatever activities the rest of the family were doing. Her final degree show was based on public nudity, illustrated with ceramics of historical streakers and some familiar scenarios. Her website is http://www.sallyhackett.co.uk

I loved the colour combinations used on the columns, pastels and day-glo brights, making the neutral ceramics really stand out.
I didn't have a lot of time to consider options and due to the weather I wore swan print topshop trousers, a black top and some navy wedge heels which I picked up a couple of years ago at TK Max (perfect spring to summer, summer to autumn show).
Our family managed to fuse the colourways together quite nicely considering none of us had any clue as to the others' outfit choices....

No comments:

Post a Comment